Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Confessions of a Slow Runner

Last night was my hardest run yet and my average pace was 11:02.  In the world of running and especially running blogs, that is pretty slow.  But that run kicked my booty.  And I am seeing marked progress.

I love reading running blogs.  They give me motivation and ideas to keep training.  They help me to set goals and help me out the door when I don't feel like running and would rather be watching a movie with a glass of wine and some dark chocolate.

I have decided that right now my pace is exactly where I should be.  I am going to keep running, keep training, and keep improving.  I'm ok with that...it is enough for now.  I'm not going to let other people's faster paces and longer distances get me down...I'm just going to let them get me out the door.


I also find motivation in my new favorite shirt!  Hey, I'll take it where I can get it!

How do you keep yourself motivated to train?

No comments:

Post a Comment